Rainbow Baby Loss Advisor/Loss Doula ONLINE Training (6 Nursing CE contact hours)
Rainbow Baby Loss Advisor/Loss Doula ONLINE Training only (6 Nursing CE contact hours)
You are Invited to join us if you are a birth professionals such as Nurses, Midwives, Doctors, Doulas, Childbirth Educators, Public health staff, and others such as Bereavement/Baby Loss Doulas, death educators...
This ONLINE course (does not include the certification packet materials which are $30) is a live web class where participants will learn of the many challenges parents face when seeking another pregnancy after loss, living through infertility or pregnancy, and conflicting feelings after the birth of a baby. Whether one seeks certification (24.4 Nursing CE hours) or just wants to attend and learn, this 6 hour program (plus the optional 18.4 hours of reading and viewing outside of the class) is an eye-opening opportunity to better understand and therefore enhance the care of families in a rainbow pregnancy, subsequent pregnancy or seeking a pregnancy after loss which might include infertility.
We can also bring this training to your community as a LIVE in person program. Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Some of the Learning Objectives:
- Speak directly with patients about their rights, options, and ways to view a subsequent pregnancy after a loss
- Empower parents to reframe/refocus their attitudes and behaviors from fear and shock to meet and be with their baby - embracing the joy
- Increase knowledge and improve skills when working with families considering a rainbow pregnancy
- Gain skills and confidence in guiding parents and family members during infertility or another pregnancy
- Present physical and emotional support along with options of how to live through the scary time of being pregnant again, bonding issues and parenting a live baby in a calm, informed, compassionate and confident manner
- Utilize the Five Principles of Perinatal Loss Patient-Centered Care and be able to apply them as intentions which drive care and support for rainbow families
Participants will feel more comfortable and prepared to discuss and empower parents by not protecting them or being a rescuer, and understanding the emotions and normal reactions in grieving.
"This Continuing Nursing education Activity was approved by the Maryland Nurses Associaiton, an accredited approver by the American Nurses credentialing center's Commission on Accreditation."
We also request that everyone will have read the book Empty Arms in order to have the foundational work prior to class and reading/viewing the other books/booklets/videos.